By Ellen Eisenberg

By Ellen Eisenberg, Executive Director of The Professional Institute for Instructional Coaching (TPIIC)

Monday, December 15, 2014

This is the time for thinking about what we do well, what we wished we did well, and what we need to do to move forward in our practice.  It’s where my teaching days of mythology come back and remind me that Janus, the Roman god of beginnings and transitions, has again raised his two faces. Not in a deceptive way as in “two-faced” but rather in the manner that is reminiscent where I think about change and the power of transformation, about what I have already accomplished and what I want to achieve in the future. I reflect on my goals both personally and professionally and recognize that with growth comes disruption, unease, and struggle. But, that’s all good… remember, “Without a struggle, there can be no progress” (Frederick Douglass).

So, friends and colleagues, during the holiday season, please take some time to reflect, rebuild and re-energize. You are not alone in your desire to make a difference in the lives of teachers and the students they teach.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year. Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment